Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cartoosh's View: The Greenspan Era of Bubbles

The biggest bubble in the modern U.S. history has started to pop. The average U.S. housing market has tumbled for more than 20% since its peak in 2006. In some areas, the declines in prices have exceeded 50%. The housing bubble has sink not only the financial industry, but the entire economy. In fact, the whole global economy is shattered.

Many has attributed the housing bubble to the long-time federal reserve chairman, Alan Greenspan, who had kept the interest rates so low for so long. The low interest rates had inflated paper wealth - everything from houses, stocks, credits, and etc.

Wonder how to explain this to your kids? Read my post "How to Tell Your Kids about Financial Crisis."

Get Cartoosh's View at Cartoosh Gallery today!

(Click to see the full sized cartoon.)

3 comments:

  1. This is cute. I like it. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed this cartoon to my 8-year old girl. She said "I don't understand what it meant, can you explain to me"? I then took this chance to satisfy her curiosity and educated her about the "housing bubble". Thanks to the power of cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you like it and see the power of the cartoon. I try to provide some context info prior to the cartoons and will do more, so that kids can get the fun part of the cartoon. Great feedback.

    ReplyDelete